Examing the Hall of Fame Vote
1. Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza were elected. Griffey received votes from 99.3% of the writers, a new record.
2. Jeff Bagwell and Tim Raines received over 70% of the vote and are well positioned to be elected next year. It will be the 10th and final year for Raines on the ballot.
3. Trevor Hoffman, in his first year on the ballot, made a strong showing (67.3%) which should translate to election before long.
4. Alan Trammell and Mark McGwire have exhausted their time on the ballot without being elected and will not appear on future ballots.
5. Nomar Garciaparra failed to achieve 5% of the votes in his second year on the ballot and will not appear on future ballots.
6. In his first year on the ballot, Jim Edmonds failed to achieve 5% of the votes and will be dropped from future elections.